Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No Cure All

When I was a kid, I had to be near-death to see a doctor, so my daddy got into the habit of putting Robitussin on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! [Impersonating his father and himself] Daddy, I got asthama! "Well here, take some Robitussin!" Daddy, I got cancer! "Here, take some Robitussin!" Daddy, I broke my leg! "Here, put some Robitussin on it... that's right, let the Robitesum sink in there."- Chris Rock

Liberals have their own version of Robitussin. They call it regulation. They always think that regulation--and more of it-- is the answer. If I had a nickel every time I heard a liberal say "We need regulatory reform", I would have a lot of nickels before the feds took their 35% of the action.

But regulation is like fire: it could be useful, like in cooking or providing heat, or it can be harmful, as when it burns down your house.

The Wall Street Journal Article below is an excellent example of how regulation has hurt those it professes to help.




Gout Drug's Price Soars as Result of FDA Safety Initiative - WSJ.com

No comments: