NYC officials are complaining that the city has been under counted in the 2010 Census. Their complaint goes like this:
1) We are a haven for illegal immigrants.
2) We have regulations that forbids city government agencies from asking people to prove their legal status.
3) We provide unlimited social services to all illegal aliens that live in New York City.
4) Because of 1-3, we are a magnet that naturally attracts more and more people.
5) When the Census counters knock on the doors of illegal aliens, they purposely decide not to answer.
6) As a result, the illegal aliens-- who violate federal law by entering the country and receive services provided by the U.S. taxpayer-- are under counted by the Census.
7) Because they are under counted, we will receive less money from the federal government, which we need desperately because we are a city that by design is a magnet for illegal aliens.
And around and around we go.
We are doomed.