Monday, January 11, 2010

And I Thought He Was Aganist Alan Keyes For Political Reasons

Ryan Frazier is running for Congress in Colorado. Here is his take on Harry Reid's comments about Barack Obama:

"When someone like Reid can insinuate that one group of Americans has a substandard dialect in comparison to the rest of the country, that’s alarming and, frankly, disturbing. This isn’t a Republican or Democrat issue, it’s an American issue, and much broader than being about President Obama. When I first heard the statements, I wondered: What exactly is a ‘Negro’ dialect? Anyone looking at this ought to ask that question. Obviously I’m black, but I’m still not sure what Reid’s talking about. And if the Democratic party is okay with this type of statement from their leadership, well, that speaks volumes.”

No comments: