Monday, June 28, 2010

The Slimes

I just read the New York Slimes story on the death of that liberal lion Senator Byrd. I read it not to learn about Byrd, or his life and death or anything like that. I read it to see how long it would take them to mention that minor little detail about Byrdbrain being in the KKK. The paper of record finally got around to mentioning it in PARAGRAPH 15.

When Strom Thurmond died, -who never was in the KKK by the way- the lead paragraph was "The slave-owning segregationist, black hater died today."

Check out this letter that Byrd wrote regarding integrating the military:

"I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS)

Somehow that did not make it into the Slimes either.

No comments: